A healthy and tangy rice and tomato pancake
- Raw rice-1 cup
- Urad daal-1 tbls
- dried red chilli-3
- Curry leaves-8
- Ginger-1/2 inch
- Coconut-3 tbls
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- cumin seeds-1/4 t.s
- Oil- 2 t.s
- Wash and soak rice and daal for 3 hours.
- Chop all the vegetables (if you don’t have dried red chillies then use 1/2 t.s red chilli powder)
- First grind all the vegetables and coconut in a fine paste ,no need to add water now.
- Add rice and just little water and grind again ,
- Take out in a bowl and add salt and cumin seeds
- If you are not in a hurry then keep aside the batter to rest for 30 minutes OR use immedietly
- Spread a laddle full of batter on a medium hot griddle in circular motion.
- Dizzle some oil around and over the dosa.wait for 1 minute to cook properly
- Flip and cook from other side.dizzle some oil around the dosa.
- Take out in a plate and serve hot.
Serving suggestions-best with coconut chutney or mint and yoghurt dip