- Grated coconut-2 cup
- Roasted chana daal(daaliya)-2 tbsp *
- Fresh coriander-1/4 cup
- Yoghurt-3/4 cup
- Green chilies-2
- Ginger-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Refined oil-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- White lentil(urad daal)-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-6
- Whole red chili-2
- In a mixer jar add freshly grated coconut,roasted chana daal, chopped coriander ,green chilies,ginger and 4 tbsp of water and grind to make a paste.
- Take out this mixture in a bowl and add salt and beaten yoghurt.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and white lentils.
- When seeds start crackling, add asafoetida,curry leaves and whole red chilies.
- Pour this over the chutney mixture and mix well.
- keep refrigerated ,easily stays fresh for 2-3 weeks.
Serving suggestions-serve with idli,dosa,fritters,vada ,rice or use as a spread for sandwich and wraps.
1-Add 3 whole red chilies and lemon size tamarind instead of green chilies and yoghurt to make a slightly red colour chutney.
2-Add 1 slightly sauted tomato while grinding and use tamarind instead of yoghurt.
3-Use mint leaves instead of coriander leaves .
4- * If roasted chana daal is not available then use cashews instead,chana daal is added just to make the chutney smooth ,thick and creamy.