Papad paratha- Indian flat bread stuffed with Indian poppadom
Papad Paratha- In India we make numerous types of paratha’s on regular basis. Paratha’s are made mainly with either wheat flour or refined flour . But multigrain flour,gram flour, ragi flour, bajra, maaki and many other flours are also used seasonally.
Paratha’s are made either plain or stuffed .During winter stuffed parathas are the preferred one .These papad parathas are the specially from the state of Rajasthan. as vegetable was not that easily available in Rajasthan so they make use of gram flour and papad to make stuffed parathas and in curries.The papad is either roasted or deep fried is crushed and then some spices and fresh herbs are added in the stuffing. the papapd paratha taste so delicious with some curd,pickle and aloo ki sabzi. it is also good to pack in lunch boxes and as a travel food.
You can also try these stuffed parathas-
- Lachcha Paratha
- Palak and Moong Sprout Paratha
- Moong Daal Paratha
- Methi Aloo Paratha
- Mooli ka Paratha
- Refined flour-2 cups
- Mint leaves-1 cup
- Cooking oil-2 tbls
- Whole cumin-1/2 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Urad daal papad-2
- Green chilli-1
- Fresh coriander-2 tbls
- Chat masala-1/2 t.s
- Chilli powder-1/2 t.s
- Salt-1/4 t.s
- Wash and chop mint leaves finely.
- Take flour in a bowl ,add salt, oil, cumin ,chopped mint and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough,cover and rest for 15 minutes
- Deep fry urad daal papads(can use moong daal papad too) in hot oil till brown and crisp.then crush it.
- Chop green chilli and coriander finely.
- Take a bowl add crushed papad in it,then add green chilli,fresh coriander ,chat masala or mango powder,chilli powder and salt.mix well
- Take a small ping pong size ball from the dough,flatten it a bit,and place 2 tbls of papad mixture in it,seal the edges of the ball,so that the stuffing concealed completly.
- Press the ball and prick lightly with a fork.
- Roll the paratha with a rolling pin to make a paratha of medium thickness.
- Cook on a griddle on medium heat.apply 1 t.s oil on both sides.and cook till both sides are golden and crisp