Ajwaini masala arbi – Colocasia ,Taro root cooked with mild Indian spices.
- Arbi ki sookhi sabzi
- Ajwaini Masala arbi
- Vrat wali Falahari Arbi
- Arbi Ki Bhujiya
- Arbi masala
- Dahi wali arbi
Preparation time- 10 min
Cooking time-10 min
- Arbi (Colocasia) – 500 gms
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain (Bishop’s Weed) – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/3 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Refined Oil – 3 tbsp
- Wash and pressure cook arbi for 2 whistles or boil in a pan till just done. Do not overcook.
- Peel and divide each arbi in two pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, deep fry arbi slices till golden brown in color on high flame.**
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbs of oil in a pan,add ajwain and asafoetida,and when it starts crackling, lower the heat and add grated ginger and stir.
- Now add the garam masala, turmeric and chili powder, mix and then add the fried arbi pieces
- Stir to mix all the spices with the arbi pieces. Add salt, mango powder, chopped coriander and mix again.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and serve.
**you can make this dish without frying the arbi too. Frying is done to reduce the slimness of the arbi.
Serving suggestions: Can be served as an appetizer or as aside dish with rice and daal combo or rotis.