Masala kachori -A flaky and spicy stuffed kachori from Gujarat
preparation time-10 min
coooking time-10 min
- Refined flour-1 cup
- Oill-1 tbls
- Ghee-1 tbls
- Salt-to taste
- Roasted and crushed sesame seeds -1 tbls
- Roasted gram flour-3 tbs
- Grated dry coconut-1 tbls
- Clove powder-1 pinch
- Cinnamon powder-1 pinch
- Fennel powder-1 t.s
- Roasted and crushed peanut powder-2 tbls
- Jeera powder-1 t.s
- Coriander powder-1 t.s
- Powdered sugar-1 tbls
- Lemon juice-1 tbls
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Oil-1 t.s
- Mix flour,salt ,ghee and oil ,add just sufficient water to make a medium soft dough.cover and rest for 15 minutes
- Dry roast sesame.gram flour and peanut powder.
- Mix all ingredients for stuffing,oil is added for binding the spices,if it feels too dry then add 1 more t.s of oil.but don’t add water
- Knead the flour again ,and make lemon size ball from the dough and keep aside.
- Take a walnut size ball, roll a little and stuff 1/2 t.s of mixture into it ,close well and roll again into a thick poori.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the pooris on low heat till golden brown in colour.drain on tissue paper and serve.
serve with gravy wali aloo ki subzi OR stuff kachori with beaten salted curd and tamrind and green chutney.