Amla ki launji – Sweet ,sour and Tangy Indian Gooseberry Chutney
Amla ki launji is a very healthy ,sweet and sour type of chutney or pickle.Good quality amla’s are easily avaible during winter season and on very reasonable price.so it is an good idea to make different types of pickles ,chutnies and launji to enjoy through out the season.
Amla is an amazing wonder fruit which is packed with so many nutrients and gives numerous health benefits. Good quality amla comes during winter and it is also very good for cold and cough ailments . It is sour ,astringent and pungent in taste and green in colour ,choose amla which is fresh and shiny and without any bruise and brown spots on the skin.
Amla is rich in vitamin C ,vitamin B complex, Iron, zinc, minerals .It is a great anti oxidant and thus improves immunity,protect our heart by reducing cholesterol, controls Diabetes. Amla is also very rich in Vitamin A so keep the skin healthy and young and also Improves the health and texture of hairs. Good to cure Gastric problems, good for liver health and for all cold related problems .
Do try these delicious healthy recipes with Amla-
Amla Ki Launji ,Indian Gooseberry Pickle
Servings: 4 people
- 8 Indian Gooseberry /amla
- 5 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- Pressure cook the gooseberries/amla for 3 whistles.
- Remove the seeds and separate the segments.
- Chop ginger in long slices, and green chillies in big pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fenugreek and fennel seeds, and when it starts crackling add amla, ginger and green chillies.
- Saute for few minutes on low flame.
- Add all the spices and sugar and mix. Cover and cook on a low flame for 5-7 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Wait for the dish to cool down completely, and then store in a jar.
Serving Suggestions - Serve as an accompaniment with any daal or curry.