Bread Roll- Crisp and delicious fried Bread rolls stuffed with spiced potato mixture
Bread Rolls is a very easy to make and delicious snack . It can be served as breakfast, tea time snack, party snack and a good recipe to pack in lunch boxes. This is a very old snack which I tasted in my school canteen and then forced my mother to try and make these bread rolls. Since then this is my favorite snack. Now My kids avoid fried stuff but I often make few for my self.
Stuffing of bread rolls can be made in different ways with different types of cooked and mashed vegetables but my favourite is the classic one-potato and pea stuffing. I have also tried with paneer filling but still I love these potato ones the most.
Traditionally the bread rolls are deep fried in hot oil to a nice golden colour but if you want to avoid deep frying then just brush with little oil and bake in an hot oven or put in an air fryer and bake to a nice golden colour.
These bread rolls need no accompaniment ,taste great as it is, but if you want then serve with tomato ketchup,green chutney and a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Looking for more snacks recipes then do try these –
- Cabbage Pokoda
- Aloe Vera Ke Namak Pare
- Champakali chaat,Elo jhelo
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Potato Bhakarwadi / Pinwheel Samosa
- Palak Bhajiya
- Milk-1/5 cup
- Cornflour-2 tbls
- Bread slices-8
- Boiled potatoes-3
- Boiled peas-1/2 cup
- chopped green chili-2
- Ginger- 1/2 t.s
- Crushed cornflakes-1/2 cup (optional)
- Chopped mint or coriander-2 tbls
- Mango powder-1/2 t.s
- Chili powder- 1 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Oil-1 t.s
- Cumin-1/2 t.s
- Trim the sides of the bread.*
- Mix corn flour and pinch of salt in 1 cup water and half milk.(you can substitute milk with thin butter milk or plain water.)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan ,add cumin when it become golden then add peas ,green chili and cover and cook for 1 minute,then add mashed potatoes and all the spices, stir fry for 1 minutes.take out in a bowl.
- Add crushed cornflakes and chopped mint ,mix well and make long rolls of about 1.5 inches from the mixture,keep aside.
- Dip bread slices in milk ,take out and squeeze well between your palms.
- Keep the potato mixture roll in between the bread and press and fold from all sides to make a tight roll.
- Heat oil in pan,deep fry rolls on medium flame,drain and serve
1-By adding cornflour in milk ,the rolls will absorb less oil.
2-you can shallow fry the rolls in hot oil ,or brush with oil from all sides and bake in hot oven or air fryer.