Methi vadi nu shaak -A Gujarati curd based curry,cooked with fresh fenugreek, yellow lentil fritters and mild spices
- Curd-250 gms
- Gram flour-1 t.s
- Fresh fenugreek leaves-1 cup
- Moong daal(yellow lentil) mangodi-1 cup *
- Oil-3 tbls
- Cumin seeds- 1 t.s
- Asafortida-1/3 t.s
- Whole red chillies-3
- Chopped green chillies-3
- Chilli powder-1/2 t.s
- Turmeric-1/2 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Sugar-1/2 t.s
- Wash and finely chop fenugreek leaves.
- Take curd, gram flour and 2 tbls of water in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat 2 tbls oil a pressure cooker,add the mangodi’s and fry to a golden brown colour ,then add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Take a pan add 2 t.s oil ,add cumin seeds and asafoetida ,when it start crakling add whole red chillies, green chillies and chopped fenugreek leaves and stir fry for a minute on medium heat.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric, mix ,now pour the curd mixture and keep stirring for a minute.
- Add boiled mangodi’s( along the water left in the cooker),and 1 cup of water,salt and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes on medium heat ,keep stirring..
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
serving suggestions-serve with bajra roti,rice or as a side dish with any thing.
Note- * if you don’t have moong daal mangodi ,then make small size, fresh moong daal pakodi’s(fritters)
and add at stage 6.