Roasted Brinjal with curd, sesame paste, and Indian spices. A variation of the popular Mediterranean dish – Babaghanouj/Baba Ghanoush.
- Big Brinjal – 1 (500 gms)
- Tomato – 1 (medium size)
- Green chillies – 4
- White sesame seeds – 2 tblsp
- Curd – 2tblsp
- Salt – 1/2 t.s
- Fresh Coriander – 2tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tsp
- Apply some oil on the brinjal and roast on an open flame till it is roasted and cooked well.(soft to touch)
- Peel and chop/mash the brinjalwith the help of a fork.
- Take 1/2 t.s oil in a pan and roast sesame seeds in it. Cool and grind them with curd.
- Finely chop green chillies, tomato and fresh coriander.
- Take a bowl and add the brinjal, chillies, tomato, sesame and curd paste, olive oil, salt, lemon juice and chopped coriander .
- Mix well and serve hot or cold.
Serving suggestions: Serve as a dip with Pita Bread or as a side dish with Rotis.
Indian Babaghanouj (roasted brinjal in curd)
Servings: 4 people