Potato and yam cutlet, suran cutlet -can be eaten during fasting too
- Boiled yam (jimikand)-1 cup*
- Boiled potato-1 cup
- Roasted and crushed peanuts-3 tbls
- Roasted sesame seeds-3 tbls
- Lemon juice-1.5 t.s
- Sugar-1 t.s
- Green chillies-3
- Ginger-1 t.s
- Singhara atta-1/2 cup *
- Poppy seeds-3 tbls
- Cumin seeds-1/2 t.s
- Oil- t.s
- Heat 2 t.s oil in a pan add cumin seeds and chopped green chillies.when become golden ,add boiled and mashed suran and mashed potato and peanuts.
- Stir fry for 1 minute and then take out in a bowl.
- Let it cool down ,then add salt ,sugar ,sesame, .lemon juice.mix well.
- Make cutlets and keep aside.
- Take singhara atta ,salt and water in a bowl and make a medium thick batter.
- Dip the cutlets in the batter and sprinkle poppy seds over it.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the cutlets on mediun heat till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot.
serving suggestions-serve with date chutny or ketchup.
- * Yam (suran) is also called -jimikand in Hindi
- singhora atta is water chestnut flour