A simple sweet and sour apple based curry.
This apple subzi is my son’s favourite since childhood. He is working in the U.S now. Yesterday he called me and asked the recipe of apple subzi, and then sent me the pics to show how he made it. So today I am sharing my recipe and his clicks :). Hope you and your children will also enjoy this subzi.
Note: You can substitute red chili powder with black pepper powder if you are making this for fasting or Navratri.
tangy and delicious apple ki subzi
Servings: 3 people
- 4 Apples
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Peel and chop apples in cubes. Chop chillies and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan add ghee, and then add cumin. When it becomes golden add green chillies and turmeric.
- Now add the chopped apples, salt and 1 cup of water. Mix, cover and cook on slow heat till cooked and become soft.
- Mash few pieces and add chilli powder, ginger, sugar and cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions - goes best with parathas (indian flatbreads) and pooris (fried indian softbreads) or as a side dish with meal.