Eggplant Panini- Italian grilled sandwich stuffed with roasted eggplants, tomatoes and bell peppers
Eggplant Panini is a Italian style delcious sandwich
- White Bread Slices – 6
- Eggplant – 1 (medium sized)
- Chopped red bell pepper – 2 tbls
- Chopped green bell pepper – 2 tbls
- Chopped tomatoes – 3 tbls (remove the pulp)
- Oregano – 1 t.s
- Peprika – 1.5 t.s
- Salt – 1/2 t.s
- Cheddar cheese – 3 tbls
- Olive oil – 2 t.s
- Butter – 2 tbls
- Roast eggplant in oven, barbecue grill or on a gas burner, peel and mash the pulp.
- Heat 2 t.s olive oil in a pan then add chopped bell peppers and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped tomatoes(wihout pulp), salt, oregano, paprika and 1/2 cup of mashed eggplant.
- Stir for few seconds and take out in a bowl.
- Butter the bread slices, heat the grill.
- Keep the bread slice on the grill, and spread 1.5 tbls mixture over it.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and cover with the other buttered bread slice, drizzle a few drops of olive oil on it.
- Grill till golden and crisp, take off the grill and cut into desired sizes.
Serving Suggestions – Serve as a Snack or Breakfast, and works well with Ranch Dressing, Tomato Ketchup, Tomato Salsa or a mix of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil.
Eggplant Panini (Italian Eggplant Sandwich)
Servings: 3 sandwich