Khajoor Imli Ki chutney is a very popular chutney of North India .It is a must have to add on each chat and is served with snacks and pakoda’s. It is quite easy to make and have a good shelf life .
prep time-10 min
cooking time-25 min
- Tamarind/imli -1 cup
- Dates /khajoor-25
- Sugar -1.5 cup
- Raisins /Kishmish -3 tbsp
- Chopped ginger/adrak – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder -1.5 t.s
- Roasted cumin powder -1.5 tsp
- Garam masala(optional)-1/2 tsp
- Black salt-1 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup water for 1/2 hour .
- Remove the seeds from dates and tamarind.
- Pressure cook with 2 cups of water for 2 whistles.
- When cool down ,blend with a hand blender or mash well with your hand .
- Strain the pulp with a soup strainer.
- Add raisins and ginger,if you have fussy kids then add raisins and ginger in the strained pulp and blend again to make them into fine pieces.
- Now add sugar,salt and chilli powder and 1 glass of water .(if you want to make it thinner, then add some more water)
- Cook on slow flame for 20 minutes.then add roasted cumin powder and garam masala( personally I don’t like to add garam masala in this,but if you like, you can add)
- Give it a boil ,remove from fire.
- Keep at room temperature for a week then refrigerate it.