Mooli Ka Achar – A spicy ,tangy and instant pickle made from radish / daikon ,oil and Indian spices
Mooli Ka Achar – During winter we make many seasonal pickles with fresh vegetables. These vegetables pickles taste amazing with stuffed parathas and simple daal chawal meals. If made in proper ways and with hygiene these pickles stays well during the whole winter season.
These seasonal pickles don’t require much oil like the mango pickle ,just add some oil and keep stirring once a day is enough .
I love this Instant mooli ka achar with my stuffed parathas. I have chopped it into roundels but you can also slice it lengthwise if you wish.
If you love making seasonal winter pickles then do try these-
Mooli ka Achar (Radish Pickle)
Mooli Ka Achar- A spicy and instant pickle made from radish / daikon ,oil and Indian spices
- 300 gms Radish/ Mooli
- 3 tbsp Split Mustard seeds/Rai kuria
- 1.5 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf crushed
- 1.5 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 cup Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- Peel and chop radish into medium thick slices,roundels or cubes(or any shape you want)
- Add salt, turmeric and rai kuria. cover and keep aside for 8 hours or over night .
- heat mustard oil and then let it come to room temperature.
- Next day add chili powder,fennel seeds,vinegar and oil in the pickle
- Cover with a muslin cloth and let it mature for at least 3-4 days at room temperature
- Keep mixing in between.start using after 4-5 days (or when it become sour).keep refrigerated after 10 days in summer. In winter's it stays longer at room temperature for approx 15 days.
- If you cover it with oil till the top then no need to keep it refrigerated.
1- -Rai kuria -split and de husked mustard seeds-if you don't have rai kuria ,just use roughly crushed mustard seeds.
2- if you want to make it in large quantity then keep refrigerated after few days.but I prefer to make in small batches as it taste best when fresh and crisp.