A spicy and instant pickle made from radish / daikon ,oil and Indian spices
- Radish -300 gms
- Rai kuria-3 tbls *
- Crushed fennel seeds-1.5 tbls
- Chilli powder-1.5 t.s
- Turmeric1/2 t.s
- Salt-1.5 t.s
- Refined oil-1/2 cup
- Peel and chop radish into medium thick roundals.or cubes(or any shape you want)
- Add salt, turmeric and rai kuria. cover and keep aside for 8 hours or over night at room temperature.
- Next day add chilli powder,fennel seeds and oil.
- Cover with a muslin cloth and let it mature for at least 4-5 days at room temperature
- Keep mixing in between.start using after 4-5 days (or when it become sour).keep refrigerated after 10 days in summer. In winter’s it stays longer at room temperature for approx 15 days.
- If you cover it with oil till the top then no need to keep it refrigerated.
1- -Rai kuria -split and de husked mustard seeds-if you don’t have rai kuria ,just use roughly crushed mustard seeds.
2- if you want to make it in large quantity then keep refrigerated after few days.but I prefer to make in small batches as it taste best when fresh and crisp.