Turkish vegetable pickle- pickled jalapenos, carrots and cucumber
Turkish vegetable is a very simple to make yet taste so delicious .It is very popular in Arab countries .You can amke it with a mix of many vegetables or make with just a single vegetbales .The process remains the same for all vegetbles. This pickle can be served with falafil,sandwiches ,side dish with your meal or just add few pieces in your salad.
preparatrion time-5 min
cooking time-5 min
- Jalapeno chillies-5
- White vinegar-1/2 cup
- Water-1.5 cup
- Salt-2 tbls
- Sugar-1 tbls
- Whole black peppers-15
- Grated ginger- 1/2 t.s
- Peel carrots and cucumbers and slice them into roundels.
- Chop jalapenos into medium thick roundels.
- Take a pan add water ,black peppers and ginger ,give it a boil, lower the heat and .then add vinegar.
- Remove from flame and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Take a jar or bottle.first add cucumbers then carrots and then jalapenos,press gently with a spoon.
- Pour the water and vinegar mixture.let it sit for 10 hours and then start using.(you can use it immediately,but taste better after 10 hours.
- Keep refrigerated