Aam panna -A very popular and refreshing raw mango and mint drink (concentrate)
Aam Panna OR Kairi Panha- It’s an excellent drink for hot summer.This tangy raw mango and mint drink or squash is a very delicious and refreshing ,mainly consumed in the northern part of India.
Aam panna is an excellent and instant thirst quencher ,great way to beat the heat, known for it’s cooling effects and prevent from heat strokes and heat exhaustion.You can make this fresh as panna OR make it in a concentrated form as squash and bottle and use through out the year.
Addition of mint leaves makes it more delicious and flavourful,but tghis is optional. Mint also give a nice green colour ,you can add food grade green colour to make it bright green but again addition of green colour is totally optional.
You can also try these delicious cooling beverages this summer-
Aam Panna /Kairi Panna, (Mango and Mint Squash)
- 2 cup Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam Pulp
- 1 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina Fresh
- 3.5 cup Sugar / Chini
- 1.5 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera roasted
- 1.5 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid/nimbu phool/taatri
- 2 drops Food Colour Green
- 2 tsp Whole Milk / Doodh
- To make mango pulp- Pressure cook whole raw mangoes(approx 3 medium) with 1.5 glass of water for 3 whistles.when cool down, peel and scoop out the pulp with the help of spoon.
- Take the mango pulp ,mint leaves and roasted cumin seeds in the mixer jar and grind to make a paste.
- Take sugar in a pan ,add 1.5 cup water and boil on medium heat.keep stirring.
- When it start boiling add 2 t.s milk( to remove the scum from the syrup)
- When scum starts floating on the top ,remove with a spoon to clear the syrup.(you can add 4 cups of sugar if you want it be be on sweeter side)
- Make a syrup of 1 thread consistency.add citric acid and mix.
- Now add salt and mango mint mixture and give it a boil.
- Keep aside and let it cool down completely.
- Mix in the food color and store in a glass bottle.
- Keep refrigerated.or else add preservative(sodium benzoate-2 gms)