Chaat masala- A very fragrant and delicious spice mix for snacks,salads and chats.
Chaat masala is a mulit purpose tangy spicy mix which can be used to make different chaats,salads,raita ,fruit salad etc
- Coriander seeds /sabut dhaniya -50 gm
- Dried mint leaves /sookha pudina -20 gm
- Dried ginger powder /saunth -25 gm
- Mango powder /amchoor -100 gm
- Red chilli powder /laal mirch -20 gm
- Dried kachri -30 gm
- White cumin /sabut jeera 30 gm
- Black cumin (shah jeera)-15 gm
- Pepper corns /sabut kali mirch -30 gm
- Roasted asafoetida /hing -1/4 t.s
- Neebu phool(citric acid,taatri)-1 t.s
- Black salt /kala namak -10 gm
- Rock salt /sendha namak -100 gm
- Sightly roast coriander,kachri and cumin seeds on low flame.cool and keep aside
- Sun dry all other spices to remove the moisture .
- Mix all ingredients and grind to make a fine powder.
- Store in a airtight jar .
Serving suggestions-Use to sprinkle (or mix) over, fruit chat ,aloo chat,papad, pakoras,salads and for making bombay vegetable sandwich
Kachri is from the cucumber family,looks like a tiny melon of approx. size of the tindora vegetable, taste like a cross of melon and cucumber,easily available in the spice stores in dried form (specially in U.P and Rajasthan)