Hyderabadi masala bhindi –
Crisp and spicy okra, stir fried with coconut and indian spices.
- Okra /bhindi -250 gms
- Tomatoes /tamatar -4
- Fresh grated coconut-2.5 tbls
- Tamarind pulp / imli – 1.5 t.s
- Turmeric powder-1/2 t.s
- Chilli powder-1.5 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Oil-2 tbls
Spices to grind-
- Fennel seeds-1 t.s
- Cumin seeds- 1 t.s
- Whole coriander seeds-1 t.s
- Sesame seeds- 1 t.s
- Dry roast all the-spices to grind- in a pan on low heat till slightly roasted.
- Grind in a mixer jar and make a fine powder(A)
- Blanch tomatoes and grind to make puree.
- Trim the ends and slit okra lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the okra pieces on high flame and drain on a tissue paper (or just shallow fry on high flame)and drain on a tissue paper
- Take a pan add 2 tbls oil and add tomato puree.
- Add turmeric ,chilli powder,salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut, 3 t.s ground masala(A), tamarind pulp and mix .
- Now add fried okra and mix ,cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve
serving suggestions-serve as a side dish with any meal.
Hyderabadi Masala Bhindi
Servings: 4 people