Lauki ka raita -A cool and refreshing bottle gourd and yoghurt dip.
prep time-10 min
cooking time-5 min
Difficulty level- easy
- Bottle gourd /lauki-250 gm (approx )
- Yoghurt/ dahi -2 cup
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Chilli powder-1/2 t.s
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 ts
- Curry leaves -8
- Oil-1 t.s
- Peel and grate the bottle gourd,remove the hard seeds .
- Pressure cook with 1 cup of water for 2 whistles or till cooked well and soft
- Open and let it cool down completely .this boiled bottle gourd can be refrigerated and used for up to 3 days.
- Whisk the curd ,add salt,chilli powder .add some water( in which bottle gourd is boiled.)
- Add the boiled gourd (approx 1.5 cup) and mix well.
- Heat 1 t.s oil in a small pan ,add cumin and curry leaves,switch off the heat and add a pinch of chilli powder.
- Pour over the raita and chill before serving.
serving suggestions-serve as a side dish .