Moong daal chips – A fried snack of yellow lentil and wheat flour with spiced yoghurt dip
- Yellow lentil (moong daal)-2 tbls
- Wheat flour-1 cup
- Semolina-2 tbls
- Cumin powder-1 t.s
- Sesame seeds-1 t.s
- Lemon juice-1.5 t.s
- Oil-3 tbls
- Fresh coriander-2 tbls
- Sugar-1 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Soak moong daal for 2 hours and then grind into a paste.
- Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix well .
- Add daal paste and mix, add water if needed,and make a medium hard dough.
- Make balls from the dough and roll to make a thin chapati.
- Cut into thin and long stripes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these chips in batches on medium heat till golden brown.
Cool and store in a airtight jar.
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds-1/4 t.s
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4 t.s
- Cumin seeds-1/4 t.s
- Fennel seeds-1/2 t.s
- Green chilli-1
- Fresh coriander-1 tbls
- Sugar-1/2 t.s
- Salt-a pinch of
- Dry roast all the seeds on low flame and then grind to make a fine powder.
- Beat curd and add chopped green chilli ,coriander,sugar ,salt and 1/2 t.s ground masala powder.
- Let it chilli for 15 minutes then serve with moong daal chips.
- You can add this spice mix in any raita to enhance the flavour .
Moong Daal Chips with Achari dip
Servings: 3 people