Sesame pulao -A rich and flavourful rice from the land of Nizams – Hyderabad
- Rice-1 cup
- Fresh cream-3 tbls
- Butter-1 tbls
- Ghee-2 tbls
- Cashew nuts-2 tbls
- Peanuts- 1 tbls
- Sesame seeds-2 tbls
- Whole red chillies-6
- Urad daal(black lentil)-1 t.s
- Mustard seeds-1/2 t.s
- Curry leaves-10
- Salt-3/4 t.s
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Fry cashews and peanuts in 1 t.s of ghee on low heat till golden in colour.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and red chillies in a pan ,then grind to make a powder.
- Take a pan and add ghee,when become warm add urad daal and mustard seeds.
- When start crackling add curry leaves.when daal become red then add the ground powder and 2 cups of water.
- When water start boiling add salt and soaked rice(drain the water used for soaking).
- When it start boiling .lower the flame and simmer till 90% cooked.
- Now heat a small pan,add butter ,after few seconds add fresh cream stir,and add fried cashwes and peanuts .mix and pour over the rice.
- Cover the pan with a aluminium foil and then cover tightly with the lid.
- Cook on slow flame for 5-10 minutes(Dum) or till done
- Garnish with fried chillies and curry leaves
- Serve hot.
serving suggestions-serve with raita , yoghurt and salad