Boondi ki kadhi -A delicious combination of kadi,mogar daal and chawal from Uttar Pradesh (India)
Boondi ki kadhi is very easy to make and taste awesome ,it is also the favourite kadhi in my family. you can make besan boondi at home or use the ready made available boondi to make this kadhi.
Boondi ki Kadi,Mogar Daal and Chawal
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi (Sour Curd)
- 4 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 4.5 glass Water / Paani
- 1 cup Boondi
- 3 Green chili/hari mirch
- 1/2 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras (or according to taste)
- 3 tsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee Or Oil
- 1/24 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3 Whole red chilies
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 8 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- Take a big cooking pan,add curd and gram flour and mix well to make a smooth batter .
- Now add 4.5 glass water and all the listed spices, except boondi.
- Cook on high flame for approx. 6-7 minutes or till it start boiling, keep stirring.
- When it boil for 2 minutes then lower the flame and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Keep string in between.
- Make Tempering – heat oil in a small bowl.when it become warm(I prefer to add tempering when the oil was just warm,then heat it further) add cumin and asafoetida ,when it start crackling add curry leaves,whole red chilies and cloves, when done add 1/2 t.s chili powder and pour on the boiling kadi.
- Switch off the flame and add boondi,lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Cover the kadi for 5 minutes so that the boondi will soften and swell up and absorb the flavors.