Instant medu vada- Mildly spiced bread fritters with yogurt and rice flour
Instant Medu vada – Medu vada is a Southern Indian snack recipe made with soak ground urad daal . for making this version you need to do pre planning .the white lentil is soaked overnight and then ground to a fine paste . he batter is beaten and then the medu vada is shaped and fried.
but this instant one is very easy and quick to make and a perfect recipe to use your leftover bread. you need just few ingredients availble in your pantry i.e some left over bread ,yogurt and few basic Indian spices.It can be made easily,Instantly and easily . you can serve this with sambhar or any chutney of your choice
looking for some other vada and chutney recipes then do try-
Cooking time-10 min
- Bread slices-6
- Rice flour-1/2 cup
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Green chillies-2
- Ginger-1/2 inch
- Curry leaves-8
- Fresh coriander-2 tbls
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Crushed pepper corns-8
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Tear bread into small pieces and finely chop ginger, curry leaves and chillies .
- Now add bread,chillies,ginger,curd,rice flour and all the spices and mix well.
- If it feels too fry then add 1-2 t.s water and make a medium soft dough.
- Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Make medium size balls from the dough
- Grease your palm with oil or water,flatten the ball on your palm.
- Make a hole in the center with your thumb,.make all the vadas and keep them in a plate
- Heat oil in a pan,and deep fry the vadas on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot .