Lauki ka halwa-Bottle gourd pudding
prep time-10 min
cooking time-30 min
- Bottle gourd/Lauki /Doodhi-500 gms(approx.3 cup)
- Milk-2 cup
- Khoya-1 cup *
- Sugar-1 cup
- Ghee-5 tbls
- Cashew nuts-15
- Cardamom powder-1/2 t.s
- Rose water- 2 t.s
- Peel and grate bottle gourd (grate it just before making the halwa, else it will change its color and become slightly black)
- Heat 3 tbls ghee in a pan,fry cashews and keep aside, then add grated lauki and saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add hot milk and keep stirring till it reduces and become thick.
- Now add sugar and let it cook ,till it reduces.
- Add khoya ,2 tbls ghee ,cashews and cardamom powder.and keep stirring.
- When become thick ,add rose water.
- Mix and serve – hot or cold.
NOTE – *If you don’t want to add khoya then add 3 tbls of milk powder at step 5 OR use 1cup full cream milk and 1 cup evaporated milk.