Tomato raita- Tangy tomato and yogurt dip with the tempering of cumin and mustard
preparation time-10 min
cooking time- 5 min
- Curd-250 gms
- Cucumber-200 gms
- Sugar-1 t.s
- Salt-3/4 t.s
- Oil- 1 t.s
- Mustard seeds-1/2 t.s
- Cumin-1/2 t.s
- Black lentil(urad daal)-1 t.s
- Curry leaves-10
- Red chilli powder-1/2 t.s
- Asafoetida-1/4 t.s
- Turmeric-1/4 t.s
- Take 1 t.s oil in a pan add mustard seeds ,cumin,black lentil, and curry leaves.
- Saute till seeds start crackling ,then add asafoetida and turmeric .
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt, cover and cook till they become soft.
- Now add chilli powder and sugar ,cook for a while.
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Grind it in the mixer and make a smooth paste
- Now add grated cucumber and beaten curd in the tomato paste
- Mix well and add fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve chilled .
Serving suggestions-can serve with pulao ,paratha, jeera rice or as a dip