Mirchi vada -Chilli fritters stuffed with corn and potato
- Bhavnagri chillies(Jalapeno)-5 *
- Boiled potato-2
- Corn kernals-150 gms
- Ginger-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-1.5tsp
- mint leaves-8
- sugar-1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Gram flour-1.5 cup
- Corn flour-2tbls
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Soda bi carb -a pinch of
- Refined oil-2tsp
- Boil corn kernals and crush coarsely in the mixer .
- Wash and slit big chillies(bhavnagari chillies) and deseed them.if they are of hot variety then blanch in hot water for 2-3 minutes.drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds ,when start crackling add ginger and turmeric.
- Now add crushed corn and saute for 1 minute.
- Add mashed potato, salt,sugar and chopped mint leaves
- Saute for a minute add lemon juice and take out in a bowl.and let it cool down completely.
- Stuff this mixture in the chillies,press tightly with your thumb and slice to make small pieces.
- Take gram flour and corn flour in a big bowl ,mix salt ,chilli powder and asafoetida.
- Add water,mix well and make a medium thick batter .
- Add soda bi carb on top of the batter and pour 1 tsp hot oil over it and mix again.
- Heat oil in a pan,dip chilli pieces in the batter and deep fry on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions- with tamarind date chutney or any ketchup of your choice
*You can also use Poblano or Banana peppers