Gobhi matar ki subzi -Cauliflower cooked in mildly spiced curd and tomato sauce
- Cauliflower- 450gms
- Green peas-3/4 cup
- Tomato -2 (medium size)
- Curd-4 tbls
- Cashew nuts-10
- Raisins-2 tbls(optional)
- Grated ginger-1 t.s
- Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)-1 t.s
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Garam masala-1/2 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Turmeric-1/2 t.s
- Water-3/4 cup
- Asafoetida-1/4 t.s
- Cinnamon stick-1/2 inch
- Green cardamom-2
- Cumin seeds-1 t.s
- Refined oil-3 tbls
- Make medium size florets of cauliflower and then soak in turmeric and salt water for 10 minutes to remove any worms.
- Drain,wash and keep on a napkin to absorb the water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 3 tbls oil and add the florets and shallow fry on medium heat till become slightly brown and 50% done OR deep fry in hot oil OR blanch them .
- Heat 3 tbls in a a pan add cashew nuts and stir fry to a golden colour,drain and keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds,cinnamon ,green cardamom(crush slightly to open) cloves,asafoetida and grated ginger.saute till cumin start crackling and become golden.
- Add chopped tomato and salt,cover and cook till tomato become soft.
- Now add turmeric,chilli powder, kasoori methi and curd,fry till oil start separating from the masala.
- Add cauliflower florets,peas,raisins and cashews and mix well.then add 3/4cup water.mix , cover and cook on low flame till done.
- Add garam masala and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions-serve with poori,naan or as a side dish
Gobhi Matar ki Subzi /Cauliflower curry
Servings: 4 people