Tindora pickle- A spicy and tangy Ivy Gourd pickle
- Tindora / Kundru – 450gms
- White vinegar-3 tbsp
- Mustard oil-3/4 cup *
- Red chili powder -tbsp
- Turmeric-1 tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Mustard powder-tbsp
- Fennel seeds-1 tbsp
- Pickle masala-2 tbsp
- Wash tindora and wipe well with a cloth napkin.
- Trim the ends and make thin slices(approx 6-8 slices from one tindora)
- Add salt and vinegar in the slices, mix and keep covered for 6 hours or over night.
- Heat oil and add asafoetida, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Add all the spices in the tindora and mix well.
- Now add oil and keep covered for 3 days. Keep mixing every once in a while.
- Enjoy after 3 days.
1- If you plan to make this pickle in a large batch then either make it with excess oil so that it is covered with oil or keep refrigerated after a week.
2-You can use any refined vegetable oil instead of mustard oil..
3-If you do not have pickle masala-add 1tsp crushed fenugreek seeds and 1 and 1/2 tbsp of each- salt, mustard powder, chilli powder and crushed fennel seeds (instead of 1 tbsp)