Besan laddu – A very popular and easy to make Indian dessert made with roasted gram flour and castor sugar.
- Gram flour (besan) – 2 and 1/4 cups
- Semolina/sooji -1.5 tbsp
- Pure Ghee – 1 cup
- Castor Sugar (boora chini) -1.5 cups
- Green cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pistachios,chopped – 12
- Almonds,crushed – 10
- Melon seeds/kharbooj ke beej – 1 tsp
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, and when it becomes warm add gram flour and semolina and mix.
- Stir fry on low flame till it becomes golden in colour and start giving a nice aroma.
- Keep stirring the mixture continuously.it will take approx 10 minute to get a nice golden colour.
- Take the thick paste out in a plate and let it cool down slightly (just cool enough for convenient handling).
- Add castor sugar (grind sugar in the mixer))or boora chini or darni , chopped nuts and cardamon powder.
- Mix well and take 2 tbls of mixture in your hand, hold tightly and make round ball of the mixture.
- Place these balls in a plate and garnish wih crushed pistachio and melon seeds.
Can adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.