Chilli Paneer Mumtaz- A quick,simple and delicious cottage cheese and bell pepper curry
INGREDIENTS– (serve 4)
- Cottage cheese(Paneer )-250 gms
- Tomato -1
- Fresh cream-1 cup
- Cashew nuts- 12
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Tomato ketchup-2.5 tsp
- Salt-1 t.s
- Oil-2 tsp
- Soak cashews in water for 1/2 hour ,then grind in the mixer with little water.
- Make long slices (batons)of paneer,capsicum and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute capsicum.Take out and keep aside
- Now add 2 tbsp cashew paste and saute for a while .
- Add turmeric ,chili powder,crushed kasoori methi and saute.
- Mix in 1 cup of water and simmer on low flame
- Add cream, paneer and capsicum .cook for 2 minute
- Add garam masala ,tomato fingers,tomato ketchup and fresh coriander.
- Mix and cook for a minute and serve hot.
1-If you want to reduce the quantity of cream ,then add 1/2 cup cream and use milk instead of water.
2-Can substitute cottage cheese with tofu.
Serving suggestion-serve with tandoori roti,naan or any bread of your choice