Crisp and delicious cheesy pita pockets
Pita bread or khubz is flatbread made with all purpose flour or with wheat flour.This is the most common staple food in the Arab world
I tried making these filling and easy cheesy pita pockets /triangles with three types of pita bread available ,thin like a chapati,medium and thick like a pizza base ,all turn out good ,but personally I like the thicker version best for making these pockets or triangles.
try and enjoy these delicious pita pockets/triangles
- Pita bread-5
- Corn kernals-3/4 cup
- Capsicum-2 medium
- Chopped jalapeno -1 tbsp
- Cottage cheese or tofu-1 cup
- Sliced black olives-1/2 cup
- Grated mozzarella cheese-1 cup
- Oregano-1 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Chili flakes-1tsp
- Cut and open pita bread from one side and make a pocket.
- Pressure cook corn kernals for 2 whistles.drain and keep aside.
- Make small cubes of cottage cheese / tofu or crumble it.chop capsicum into small pieces.
- Mix every thing for stuffing in a bowl
- Stuff this mixture in the pita pocket and apply some butter or olive oil over the pita bread.
- Grill it till golden and crisp
- Slice into 4 triangles and serve hot.
Serving tips-serve with tomato ketchup or salsa dip
Grilled cheesy Pita Pockets
Servings: 5 people