Kharbooj ki subzi -Rock melon cooked with Indian spices
Sweet melon comes in different shapes and colours but they all have two things in common-a soft and juicy pulp and superb taste,so its hard to say no to melons but what will you do if the melon you brought turned out to be a raw and tasteless melon…this happens with me last week
- Chopped rock melon/ kharbooj-2 cup
- Ghee or oil-1.5 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2tsp
- Chilli flakes-1/2 tsp
- Salt-3/4 tsp
- Green chili-1 tsp
- Ginger chopped-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Fresh coriander-2 tsp
- Peel and remove the seeds and chop the melon in medium size pieces.
- Chop ginger,green chilies and fresh corinader.
- Heat ghee in a pan,add cumin seeds .
- When seeds start crackling add green chilies and turmeric.
- Add chopped melon pieces and salt ,mix well.
- Then add chili flakes and ginger ,mix and cover and cook till done.
- Now add sugar,lemon juice ,cook for a minute
- Add fresh coriander and serve.
Serving suggestions-best with poori’s and paratha’s