Potato bhakarvadi -Home made pastry slices filled with mildly spiced potato mixture
prep time-10 min
cooking time-10 min
For the chapati-
- Refined flour/maida -100 gms(1.5 cup)
- Refined oil-4 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-few drops
- Potato-3 (medium)
- Grated ginger-1tsp
- Fresh coriander-2 tbsp
- Chili powder-1.5 tsp
- Turmeric-1/3 tsp
- Mango powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Chat masala-1/3 tsp
- Bread crumbs-1/2 cup
- Salt-3/4 tsp
- Refined oil-2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Boil,peel and mash the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add cumin seeds .
- When it start crackling add ginger,turmeric and mashed potatoes and saute for a minute on medium heat.
- Now add all the spices and saute for 2 minutes on low heat
- Take out in a bowl ,mix chopped coriander,bread crumbs and let it cool down .
- Take a bowl add refined flour,salt,lemon juice and oil.mix well
- Now add some water and make a medium stiff dough.cover and rest for 15 minutes
- Take 1 tsp of corn flour and mix with 1.5 tsp water and make a slury,keep aside
- Knead the dough and make ping pong size balls and roll them to make chapatis
- Gently apply thin layer of slury on a chapati.
- Then apply thin layer of potato mixture on the chapati.
- Roll tightly and make a cylinder and then slice it with a sharp knife.
- Take a slice and gently press between your palms to seal it.repeat this with all the slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the spirals on medium heat till golden in colour.
- OR- brush with oil and bake in oven on 200 c temp. till crisp and golden.
- Drain on a tissue paper and serve hot
Serving suggestions-best serve with mint chutney and tomato ketchup.