Chili dragon baby corn –Crispy baby corns stir fried in a hot and tangy sauce
- Baby corns-14
- Red chili powder-2 tbsp *
- White vinegar-1.5 tbsp
- Capsicum juliennes-1/2 cup
- Grated ginger-1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce-50 gms*
- Tomato ketchup-2 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-3/4 tsp
- Corn flour-100 gm
- Refined flour-1.5 tsp
- Boil 3 glasses of water in a pan with a pinch of salt and par boil baby corns in it,drain and keep aside.
- To make red chili paste-in a bowl add 2 tbsp chili powder+ vinegar + pinch of salt ,mix well and make a thick paste
- Slit the baby corns from the center and stuff with this chili paste(use half chili paste here)
- In a bowl take cornflour,refined flour ,salt and the remaining 1 tbsp chili paste, add just enough water and make a thick batter,mix well.
- Dip the baby corns in corn flour batter and deep fry in hot oil on medium heat.
- Fry till golden in colour,drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan,add grated ginger and capsicum juliennes.
- Saute for few seconds ,then add schezwan sauce and 50 ml water.
- Add tomato ketchup,salt and pepper powder.
- Mix and let it cook till it thickens.
- Now add fried baby corns, stir and mix.
- Serve hot .
You can use kashmiri chili powder or any other chili powder, depends on how much hot you want it to make.
- Kashmiri red chilies-12
- Chopped ginger-1 tbsp
- White vinegar-2 tsp
- Soya sauce-1 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Oil-2.5 tbsp
- Corn starch-1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup-1.5 tbsp
- Break the red chilies in small pieces and soak them in 3/4 cup of warm water for 30 minutes.
- Grind to make a smooth paste along with the water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Now add the chili paste and salt ,and saute till it become thick.
- Mix cornflour with 1 tbsp of water and add this slury in the chili paste along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Now cook on low flame till it thickens.
- Remove from the flame and keep refrigerated.