Bean Sprout Rolls
Servings: 8 people
- 1.5 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 5 drops Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 cups Bean sprouts/moong sprouts ( Moong Sprouts )
- 1 cup Potatoes / Aloo Boiled *
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak Chopped
- 15 Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Wash the bean sprouts well to remove any smell
- Take 1 cup water,1/2 tsp sugar and bean sprouts in the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle on medium heat.
- Remove the cooker from the flame and then lift the whistle slightly with the help of a spoon and release the steam.
- Drain the sprouts in a colander(place a dish under the colander to collect the water,can use this water to make chapati dough or in any curry)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin ,asafoetida and chopped green chilies.
- When cumin become golden, add sprouts and saute on medium heat to remove the extra moisture .
- Now add all the spices, finely chopped potato and chopped mint and saute for a while.
- Take out in a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- take a bowl and add refined flour,corn flour,salt and baking powder.
- Mix and then add oil and rub well.
- Add just enough water and make a medium stiff dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Make medium size balls from the dough and roll them into medium thin discs(poori)
- Place approx. 2 tbsp of filling in the center and fold from both the sides(apply little water on the sides before folding)
- Fold the roll as shown in the pics and gently press the joints.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the rolls on medium heat till half done and then lower the flame and fry till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
*-you can substitute potato with boiled banana or cottage cheese. Serving suggeastions-serve with any tangy dip or ketchup.