Corn kachori -Homemade Indian puff pastry stuffed with mildly spiced corn filling.
- Corn kernel-1.5 cup
- Pressed rice/poha-3 tbsp
- Green chilies-2
- Grated ginger-1tsp
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice-1.5 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Refined flour-2 cup
- Semolina-1/2 cup
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Grind corn kernals coarsly in the mixer and finely chop green chilies .
- Wash thick poha in a colander and keep aside .(wash only once )
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and asafoetida,when cumin start crackling,add chopped green chilies.saute for few seconds.
- Now add crushed corn and grated ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add poha and all the spices and saute till mixture dries up
- Now add chopped coriander and mix well.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- Dough-In a bowl add refined flour,semolina ,oil and salt,rub and mix well.
- Now add water and make a soft dough,cover and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough, then take a ball and flatten it slightly and stuff 2 tsp of mixture in it.
- Pull all the sides and close properly and make a neat ball.
- Dust with little flour and roll the ball slightly to make a medium thick round disc.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the kachori’s on medium heat till golden in colour.
- fry 2 or 3 kachori’s at a time,don’t crowd the pan otherwise they will not puff up well.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.