Sichuan kimchi rice is a popular Korean dish.
Kimchi means fresh vegetable pickle,often made with fresh cabbage .You can also make this with readymade kimchi pickle but I made this with fresh cabbage kimchi as the fresh and crunchy cabbage kimchi makes this rice extra special.
I bookmarked this recipe from a popular t.v show, tried it and everybody at home loved this simple and flavourful preparation,so thought of sharing with all of you.
INGREDIENTS -serve 4
- Rice-1.5 cup
- Cabbage-3 cup
- Grated ginger-1 tsp
- Brown sugar-4 tbsp
- Soya sauce-1.5 tsp
- White vinegar-2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds-1.5 tsp
- Schzwan pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili flakes-3 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt-1.5 tsp
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes in enough water.
- Boil approx 6 glasses of water in a pan and add soaked rice and 1 tsp salt and boil till almost done,drain and keep aside.
- Finely shred cabbage and dry roast sesame seeds till they start crackling.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add cabbage and stir fry for 1 minute,then add soya sauce,salt, brown sugar,chili flakes and vinegar.mix and cook for few seconds.
- Take another pan and add 2 tbsp oil,when oil become hot add grated ginger and boiled rice.
- Stir fry for few seconds and then add cabbage kimchi(the prepared cabbage mixture).
- Add schezwan pepper powder and roasted sesame seeds in the rice and mix well.stir fry for a minute on high heat.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions-serve as a main course dish .