Pasta cooked with bell peppers and creamy basil pesto sauce
- Any Pasta (I’ve used Penne ) – 2 cup
- Refined Flour – 2 tsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Olive oil-2 tsp
- Milk – 2 cup
- Basil Pesto – 2 tsp
- Capsicum-1/4 cup
- Red Bell Pepper -1/4 cup
- Yellow Bell Pepper -1/4 cup
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/3 tsp
- Cheese – 2 tsp
- In a big pan add enough water,1 tsp salt,1 tsp of oil ,when water start boiling then add pasta and cook till al dente.
- Drain and refresh the pasta with water and apply a tsp of oil, so they will not become sticky.
- Heat butter in a pan,when it become warm add refined flour and saute till it start giving a nice aroma .
- Add milk and stir and whisk well ,make sure there will be no lumps in the mixture.cook till the consistency become like a sauce(approx 30 seconds),keep stirring.
- Now add basil pesto sauce in this white sauce and mix well.
- In a seperate pan heat 2 tsp of olive oil and slightly saute the chopped bell peppers.
- Now add boiled pasta, pesto sauce,salt, pepper,and oregano in the pan ,mix
- Add grated cheese and mix well
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions-serve hot with toasted bread or buns.