Corn and salsa rice-Rice cooked with corn and bell pepper tomato salsa a Mexican preparation
Corn and salsa rice is a quick and delicious preparation. You can use your leftover steamed rice to make this tasty dish. Smoked grilled peppers added with tomatoes gives a very nice smoked flavour to the salsa. You can prepare this salsa and keep it refrigerated for 2-3 days .
Cooking time-15 minutes
- Raw Rice-1 cup
- Yellow bell pepper-2
- Red bell peppers-1
- Green bell pepper,chopped-1
- Tomato,chopped -1 cup
- Green chilies,chopped-2
- Corn kernels,boiled-1 cup
- Chili sauce-1 tbsp
- Processed cheese- 2 tbsp(optional)
- Oregano-1 tsp
- Chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Basil- 1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Cooking oil- 1/4 cup
- Wash and soak rice in water for 1/2 hour.
- In a big pan add enough water and 1 tsp salt and let it boil.
- When the water start boiling add the soaked rice and cook till done.
- Strain the cooked rice on a colander and keep aside to cool down.
- Roast one yellow and one red bell pepper on direct flame till charred from all the sides.
- Peel the charred skin and chop the bell peppers .
- Heat oil in a wide pan and when oil become warm then add chopped green chilies and stir .
- Now add chopped tomatoes,roasted and chopped bell peppers(yellow and red) and salt.
- Cook on medium heat till tomatoes become soft.
- Now add chopped green and yellow bell pepper,boiled corn,oregano,chili flakes,and basil.
- Mix all and then add boiled rice,chili sauce and mix gently.
- Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat,remove from the flame and add grated cheese.
- Serve hot