Aloo tuk-double fried crispy potatoes slices/wedges
Aloo tuk is a very popular signature dish of Sindhi cuisine.These double fried crispy potatoes slices/wedges can be served as a side dish,appetizer or as a snack.It is very easy to prepare and you can half cook them before and refry them when needed. Sindhi baigan and aloo tuk is best served with daal, sindhi kadhi and sai bhaji
preparation time-10 minutes
cooking time-15 minutes
- Mango powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Dried mint powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Cooking oil- to deep fry
- Potato-Wash and peel potatoes and make big cubes.
- Take a bowl and add all the dry spices in it and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt over potato pieces and rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and then gently slide the potatoes cubes in the oil
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat till just done.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and drain on a paper napkin and let it cool down.
- Now press the potatoes between your palms or press with the bottom of a small metal bowl.
- Don’t press too hard otherwise they will break into pieces or will turn into a mash.you just have to slightly flatten them.
- Heat the oil again and fry the pieces on high heat till they become golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper napkin and immedietely sprinkle the spice mix,and gently mix.
- Serve immediately as they will loose their crispiness after some time.
- Slice brinjals in 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick roundals.
- Make criss cross cuts in the brinjal slices,don’t slice too deep,and sprinkle little salt over them
- Heat oil and gently slide the brinjal in the hot oil.
- Deep fry from both the sides on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and sprinkle th spice mix
Serving suggestions-serve as a side dish with daal or kadi,or with ketchup or mint chutney as a starter.