Beetroot Raita – Grated beetroots added in spicy yogurt to make a healthy dip
Beetroot Raita Recipe-Initially I don’t like beetroots much ,but due to its numerous health benefits I started using it ,I often make simple and healthy -beetroot stir fry and this delicious beetroot raita .
- 2.5 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 Beetroot / Chukandar (medium)
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3/4 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1/3 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 3/4 tsp Cooking Oil
- Wash beetroot well and then put in the pressure cooker with 1.5 cup water.
- Pressure cook on medium heat till 3 whistles.
- Take out from the cooker and wash or dip in cold water to stop further cooking.
- Peel the beetroot and then grate it.
- Take a big bowl and add yogurt in it and whisk well.
- Now add grated beetroot,salt ,sugar and chili powder and mix it gently.
- Heat oil in a small pan add cumin seeds and green chili,then add curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering in the yogurt mixture and mix.
- Chill before serving.