Bread Poha- a quick breakfast recipe to use your left over bread
My today’s recipe is very simple and quick.A nice way to use your left over bread to make a quick fix snack.You need just a few ingredients to make this and a filling breakfast or tiffin for your kids is ready to pack.I have added some buttermilk to soften it,but you can also sprinkle some water or avoid both if you want to make it crisp.
You can also try this delicious Aloo Poha recipe
Prep time -5 min
Cooking time – 7 min
- Bread slices-4
- Butter milk-1.5 tbsp(optional)
- Ginger grated-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric-1/3 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 1tbsp
- Cooking oil-1.5 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Green chili,chopped-1tsp
- Curry leaves-
- Cut bread slices in medium size cubes.
- Arrange in a plate and sprinkle some buttermilk or water to slightly moisten them(this step is optional)
- Now sprinkle salt,chili powder and lemon juice over the pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds ,when seeds start crackling add chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Now add chopped tomato and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and bread cubes and mix gently.
- Add chopped fresh coriander and mix
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
1-you can also add some finely chopped mix vegetables at step 5 and saute for a while then add tomato.
2-Can use water instead of buttermilk.