Kiwi Mint Chutney -A tangy dip made of succulent kiwifruits and fresh mint
As we all know that kiwifruit offers numerous health benefits and is therefore addressed as super food. It contains Flavanoids, Minerals, Fibre, Vitamin C, and repair the body from DNA change and protect against cancer – so its a good idea to include kiwi in your daily diet.
I’ve always bought kiwi but never really got around to using a kiwifruit in any other way than just eating
it as a whole fruit. However, this time I thought of trying to make a dip with the kiwifruits – and besides the lovely taste, the creamy texture of the kiwi mint chutney turned this into an instant hit in the family!
Check My You tube Video of making Kiwi Mint Chutney–
Prep time – 15 minutes
Yields – 3 cups
- Kiwi Fruits -3
- Mint leaves,chopped – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1.5 cup
- Green chilies,chopped – 1.5 tsp
- Ginger, chopped – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Sugar – 3/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp*
- Wash and coarsely chop the mint and coriander leaves.
- Peel and chop kiwi fruit.
- Take all the ingredients in a mixer jar and blend to make a puree.
- Take out and store the dip in a glass jar.
- Keep refrigerated. Stays well for a week in the refrigerator.
Serving Suggestion – Can be used as a dip or spread with snacks, crisps, bread or stuffed parathas.
1 – You can use slightly unripe or ripe kiwi fruit to make this dip
2- Lemon juice is added only if the kiwi is on the sweeter side (over ripe). Don’t add if the kiwi is already sour.
3- You may use only coriander or only mint depending on your preference.
Kiwi Mint Chutney