you can use the sprouts raw or steam them lightly and can add any combination of fruit or vegetables of your choice and make a healthy salad/side dish or snack quickly.
Today I am sharing the simple and healthy recipe which can be served as a salad or chat.
- Bean /Moong sprouts-2.5 cup
- Tomato,chopped-1/2 cup
- Cucumber,chopped-1/2 cup
- Raw mangoes ,chopped- 1.5 tbsp
- Boiled potatoes,cubed-1/3 cup
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 2 tsp
- Green chutney- 2 tsp
- Tamarind chutney- 2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1.5 tsp
- Chili powder/pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Black salt- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Nylon sev- 3 tbsp
- Take 1 cup water in the pressure cooker and add 1/4 tsp turmeric.
- Add the bean sprouts and pressure cook for 1 whistle on medium heat.OR steam them in a steamer.
- Remove from the flame and let the cooker cool down completely.
- Strain the beans on a colander,use the strained water to make chapati dough or use in a curry.
- Let the sprouts cool down completely on room temperature.
- In a big bowl take sprouts and add all the ingredients listed(except nylon sev)
- Mix well and arrange in the serving plate.
- Garnish with nylon sev and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately
1-You can also add some sliced orange, pomegranate pearls/anar dana,mangoes,grapes,kiwi fruit,daikon raddish,cabbage etc. to add more nutrition ,crunch and taste.
2-Addition of green chutney and tamarind chutney is optional.