Achari aloo -Baby potatoes cooked with flavourful pickle masala
Potato is the most popular and versatile among all the vegetables,so there are numerous recipes to try and experiment with.Potato is also a favourite in my family.I have posted few recipes of potatoes in my blog-Jeera aloo, Aloo Kachori , Kashmiri Dum Aloo, Dum aloo masala and few more.
Achari aloo can be served as a starter or appetizer and can aslo serves as a side dish with main course.There are many versions of making Achari Aloo but this recipe is simple to cook and taste very good and can be served as a side dish or as a appetizer
- 12 Baby Potatoes / Chhote Aloo
- 3.5 tbsp Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam grated
- 2 tsp Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3.4 tsp Shah jeera
- Salt / Namak
- Wash and lightly prick the potatoes.
- Heat water in a big pan and add 1/2 tsp salt in it.
- When water start boiling add potatoes in it and cook till just done.
- Now peel the potatoes and keep aside
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add asafoetida and grated raw mango and saute for approx 1/2 minute.
- Now add boiled potatoes and all the spices.
- Saute for a minute and then sprinkle 1.5 tbsp of water.
- Cook on low flame for approx 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between till potatoes get well coated with the spices.
- Serve hot or cold.