Kachori chaat -Indian fried puffs stuffed with savory lentil filling,potatoes and spicy dip and chutney
Kachori is the very popular snack of North India.specially favourite in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.These flaky Indian puffs are made with different type of spicy dry lentil fillings.
I have also posted the khasta Moong daal kachori and Urad daal kachori in my blog,which are served as a snack.But this is a different way of serving kachori as a street food/chat and also a different version of making spicy Raj Kachori.
When ever I make these moong daal kachoris I usually served them as a snack when they are hot and the next day I serve them as a chat by stuffing some boiled potatoes and garnish with Mint chutney and Date tamarind chutney
Prep time-15 min
- Moong daal kachori– 8
- Boiled potatoes,cubed-1cup
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Date and tamarind chutney-3/4 cup
- Green chutney-3/4 cup
- Nylon sev- 1/2 cup
- Roasted cumin seed powder- 1.5 tsp
- Chili powder-2 tsp
- Black salt- 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 1/4 cup
- Take yogurt in a bowl and beat to make it smooth.
- Add salt and some water and mix well.
- Take the kachori and make a hole in the center by pressing it with your thumb.
- Stuff some finely cubed potatoes inside the kachori.
- Now add 1 tsp green mint chutney over the potato pieces.
- Then add 1 tsp sweet date chutney .
- Dizzle some yogurt approx 1. 5 tbsp over the kachori.
- Then drizzle some date chutney and mint chutney again.
- Sprinkle chili powder,cumin powder and black salt.
- Now garnish with nylon sev and fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately.