A tangy and delicious fresh pineapple and red pepper chutney
Prep time -10 min
Cooking time -15 min
- Pineapple, chopped-400 gms
- Red peppers(capsicum), chopped-1 cup
- Lemon juice-3.5 tbsp
- Cinnamon-1 inch
- Chili flakes-2 tbsp
- Sugar-2.5 cup
- Salt-1 tsp
- Chop pineapple and bell peppers in small pieces.
- Coarsely grind pineapple and bell pepper separately.
- In a heavy bottom pan,add crushed pineapple,bell peppers and cinnamon stick and boil for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add sugar,salt,lemon juice, chili flakes and simmer for 8-10 minutes or till it reaches the consistency of a sauce.
- Store in a glass bottle when it cools down completely.
- Stays fresh for a week at room temperature then keep it refrigerated.
Serving suggestions-Serve with nachos,fried snacks,sandwiches or use as a spread.
I have used canned pineapple pieces to make this relish,but fresh pineapple can also be used.