Rajma tikki -Healthy and delicious Kidney bean and potato patties
Kidney beans or Rajma are rich in protein and mainly use to make curries in indian cuisine.But this time I used some leftover boiled rajma to make some healthy and delicious cutlets ,which can also be used to make healthy burgers.You can also add some stir fried vegetables in it, to add more nutrition for children.
I have also posted Rajma Gilouti kabab recipe,which is a delicacy of Awadhi cuisine.
Prep time-15 min
cooking time-10 min
- Kidney beans/Rajma,boiled-1.5 cup
- Bread slices-1
- Green chilies,chopped-1.5 tsp
- Ginger,grated-1 tsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 2 tbsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice-1.5 tsp
- Hung curd- 2 tsp
- Cooking oil- 2 tsp+ to deep fry
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Refined flour- 3 tbsp
- Bread crumbs- 3/4 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Roughly grind boiled kidney beans .
- Peel and grate potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and chopped green chilies.
- When cumin start crackling add crushed kidney beans and saute for a minute.
- Now add potatoes,ginger ,salt and chili powder and saute for few seconds.
- Take out in a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- Soak bread in water and then squeeze it completely.
- Mash the bread and add bread in the potato and kidney bean mixture.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Make small pattice of same size.
- Make thin slury of corn flour and dip cutlets in it.
- Then roll cutlets in dried bread crumbs .
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden in colour.(or shallow fry them)
- Drain on a tissue paper and serve hot.
Serving suggestions- serve with ketchup or any tangy and spicy dip.
Note-you can add some bread crumbs in the mixture if the cutlet breaks while frying