Stuffed parwal -Pointed Gourd stuffed with simple Indian spices
Parwal /potol /patola/green potato-is a popular vegetable in North India specially available during summers and monsoon.It has many health benfits, is low in cholesterol and fat.Is very easy to digest so recommended for the patients with weak digestion ,is antipyretic,laxative,helpful in treating jaundice,ulcers and other liver problems.so its good to include this vegetable in your diet during summer and monsoon season.
Prep time-10 min
cooking time-25 min
- Gram flour/besan-1 tbsp
- Mango powder-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Chili powder-3/4 tbsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder-3/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cooking oil-1.5 tbsp
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Cumin -1 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/3 tsp
- Turmeric -1/4 tsp
- Salt-a pinch of
- Wash and scrape the parval then slit it from the center.*
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffing in a bowl.
- Stuff the mixture in the parvals.
- Heat oil in a heavy and wide pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they start crackling add asafoetida,turmeric and pinch of salt.
- Now place the stuffed parvals in the pan.
- Cover and simmer till done.keep turning the sides in between.
- Remove from the pan when done.
- Serve with rice,daal and chapati.
1-*-scraping the parval is optional,if it is tender then you need not to scrape it,but if it is hard or mature then you can peel it too.
2-You can also add some mashed potatoes or paneer in the stuffing .